Message from the State Deputy
My Brother Knights,
Thank you for your hard work and your dedication to our Order. You are the main reason we have been successful for many years. We are honored to be the largest jurisdiction in the Americas with over 105,000 Brother Knights in our great State.
As Knights, we should be very proud of the traditions that we have established here in Texas. We have many great achievements in Membership, Council Growth, State Charities, Star Councils and Programs. As leaders of the Texas State Council, we truly believe in what the Knights of Columbus stands for, dedicating ourselves to grow and strengthen our Order in Texas. Remember that we have an obligation to offer membership in the Knights of Columbus to every eligible Catholic man to enable him to become a better man, Catholic, husband, father, brother and citizen.
For us to be successful, we must support each other to be effective and recommit ourselves to be outstanding. Our theme for 2016–2017 is: “Freedom to Serve”
Our primary goals for this fraternal year are:
• Recruit 5050 new members, while keeping suspensions below 1500.
• Every Council Active in recruiting new Knights for positive growth
• Create 15 New Councils to support our parishes and priests
• Reactivate 15 Inactive Councils to renew our parish outreach
• Sponsor 220 Roundtables to support more Catholic communities
• Obtain 140 Star Councils to recognize our men for the great work they do
• Strengthen our Families and Parishes by “Building the Domestic Church”
• Live out our Catholic faith through our charitable and community service
• Celebrate and support those who serve us all – especially our clergy and religious, military and veterans, law enforcement and first responders
We always make outstanding contributions in Texas, but as our Past State Deputies have often remarked “We haven’t had our best year yet.” Let it always be so!
Vivat Jesus! Viva Cristo Rey!
In This Section
2016-2017 Star Guide
- Message From The Membership Director
- Membership Team
- Membership Vision
- Council Membership Director Lead
- Building Our Future
- Membership Tracking / 365 / All Councils Active
- Membership Retention
- Ceremonial Program Personnel
- "Father Wants You" Letter
- Fourth Degree - Patriotism
- 18 Year Old Recruitment
- Membership Awards 2016-2017
- Membership Monthly Themes 2016-2017
- Council Growth
- Star Councils Awards
- Education, Training & Communications
- Football Sweepstakes