To qualify for Awards:
STAR COUNCIL AWARD
- Meet membership recruitment goal to earn the Father McGivney Award.
- Meet Fraternal Benefits Night requirements to earn the Founders Award.
- Complete the required programs to earn the Columbian Award.
- Be Safe Environment compliant – Grand Knight, Program Director, Family Director and Community Director must complete within 30 days of notification.
- Submit three required forms:
- Form 365 (Report of Program Personnel) with all required Directors/Chairmen by August 1, 2020.
- Submit form 1728 (Annual Fraternal Survey) by January 31, 2021.
- Submit form SP7 (Columbian Award Application) by June 30, 2021.
- Be current with Supreme Per Capita, Catholic Advertising and supplies paid in full by June 30, 2021.
LONE STAR AWARD for EXCELLENCE (LSAFE)
- Meet the Star Council Award criteria
- Submit Form 185 by July 1, 2020
- Pay State Per Capita by March 1, 2021
- Meet State Charity Goal by June 30, 2021
- Seat at least one delegate at the State Convention in Houston April 30 – May 2, 2021
- Submit Form 1295 Semi-Annual Audit by August 15, 2020 & February 15, 2021
- File IRS Form 990 and provide documentation
LONE STAR AWARD for EXCELLENCE with DISTINCTION
1. Meet the Star Council Award criteria
2. Submit Form 185 by July 1
3. Pay State Per Capita by December 31, 2020
4. Meet State Charity Goal by December 31, 2020
5. Seat two delegates at the State Convention in Houston April 30 – May 2, 2021
6. Submit Form 1295 Semi-Annual Audit by August 15, 2020 & February 15, 2021
7. File IRS Form 990 and provide documentation
8. Submit form 4584 (Special Olympics Partnership Profile) by January 31, 2021
9. Submit at least one entry for a State Service Program Award or Family of the Year or Educational Grant by March 1, 2021
STAR DISTRICT AWARD (for District Deputies)
- Meet membership goal (70% of combined council quotas)
- Insurance goal (all councils complete required Fraternal Benefits Seminars)
- Submit all required Form 944 reports on Council Status
- At least one council in District must earn Star Council
Though much of this may seem overwhelming, the entire Star Council team and all of the various State Directors and their teams are there to help your council. Using the numerous hard copy and online resources, each council can and should strive to achieve Star Council status. The more Star Councils, the stronger and more cohesive the Order is in Texas. The integrity of each council depends on the strength of its leadership and the actions it takes to put Faith in Action. There is a checklist at the beginning of the Star Guide and is repeated here: