David Keating, Chairman
The Charity Fundraising Team, led by David Keating, who can be reached at (281) 890-2474, and the Fundraising Committeemen, will be leading the fundraising effort with our Brother Knights. They will be challenging and inspiring our members to make contributions to State Council Charities. The Fundraising Committeemen are Bill Kennedy, who can be reached at (903) 694-5105, Joe Grillo, who can be reached at (915) 204-9565 and Howard Hinojosa, who can be reached at (956) 223-6913.
David and the members of the fundraising team will also be working to gather information related to the best practices from all the dioceses to share across the state. His team will be working to instill in our Brother Knights that while Charity begins at home, it must not stop there. In fact, if we are to truly give witness to Fr. McGivney's vision, it cannot stop at our local boundaries. While Charity is the first principle of our Order, it is only when implemented in conjunction with our two other founding principles of Unity and Fraternity can we realize our full potential. United with the councils across our diocese and with our Brother Knights throughout the state, we will be able to help those in need, wherever the need arises.
To those councils, districts and dioceses having met their charity goals in the past, we offer you our heartfelt thanks and appreciation. We also want to encourage you to keep meeting those goals and challenge you to do even more this coming fraternal year. To those councils who were unable to meet their charity goals, we ask you to increase your efforts this fraternal year. To those councils who may not have participated in the past, for whatever reason, please join us - we need you!!! Only together, can we be the biggest difference in the lives of others.
Every year, your council is given an opportunity to earn awards by reaching their State Council charity goal. The goal is derived by requesting $10.00 per member, as reflected on your council membership roster on July 1, 2020. Remember, the Bishop of your diocese will receive 70% of your council’s charity contribution. The remaining 30% is retained by the State Council Charity Board to be used for statewide charitable purposes. If your council exceeds their goal, 100% of all monies exceeding your diocesan charity goal will be returned to your Bishop. To ensure your council receives proper credit, please make your checks payable to “State Council Charities” and ensure the council number is on the check.
Mail your check to:
Texas State Council Knights of Columbus,
6633 Hwy 290 East, Suite 204,
Austin, Texas 78723-115