Andrew Clark, Chairman
Saving lives by helping women choose life by giving them the opportunity to view their unborn children on ultrasound machines at pro-life pregnancy centers. This initiative is funded by Knights of Columbus state and local councils with matching grants from the Supreme Council’s Culture of Life Fund. The Knights of Columbus work together as an organization to purchase ultrasound machines for qualifying pregnancy centers. Discounted prices for select machines are offered through preferred pricing agreements arranged by the Supreme Council. The list of preferred machines is provided to sponsoring councils after the pregnancy center is approved for funding by the local diocese and the Supreme Council. After the state and/or local council raises 50% of the cost, the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council will provide the other 50% to complete funding for purchase of an ultrasound.
Here are the steps for Ultrasound support for your identified Pregnancy Center
• Notify Andrew Clark, the State Ultrasound Chairman of your intention to participate in the Ultrasound Program.
• Form 10715 Must first be filled out and approved by the Diocesan Right to Life Office (Bishop’s Office, not the KofC Diocesan Pro-Life Chairman).
• Once approved by Supreme, fundraising can begin.
• Once funds are raised Form 10716 needs to be filled out and signed by the State Deputy.
• Supreme BOD will vote on the funds and a check will be issued to the Pregnancy Resource Center – usually takes 6 to 8 weeks once the 10716 is sent in.